17.08.2012 | Belgrade
New colors of bohemian Skadarlija
The old saying says that those who haven’t been to Skadarlija, haven’t been to Belgrade at all. No wonder that many renowned celebrities found Skadarlija enchanting, without even understanding the language nor customs: Queen Elisabeth, Spanish King Huan Carlos and Queen Sophia, George Bush Senior, Margaret Thatcher, Sandro Pertini, Gina Lollobrigida, Burt Lancaster..
Being the famous bohemian quarter, every weekend during the summer, Skadarlija revives the glory of old 20s with the special program - New colors of bohemian Skadarlija!
Announced by the Skadarlian drummer, Serbian famous actors will greet you in the roles of back-then renowned personalities, read the Skadarlian code of behavior, while Skadarlian Lady will sing with Skadarlian Sextet and other musicians dressed in elegant attires who will take you on a journey through past.
Skadarlian Bazaar presents traditional handmade arts and crafts that represent the joyful colors of this festive bohemian quarter.
7.30 - 8.30PM The plateau of Djura Jaksic
- Actor Milan Milosavljevic plays the role of Branislav Nusic
- Actor Milan Tubic plays the role of Djura Jaksic
- Actor Lazar Jovanov in the role of the 19th century drummer reads lyric code of behavior in Skadarlja
- Marcela Franceska plays the muse of Djura Jaksic
- Actress Ljiljana Jaksic in the role of Skadarlian Lady who sings and tells anecdotes followed by the Skadarlian Sextet music orchestras
- Performing of the Folk Assembly “Djoka Pavlovic”
Skadarlian Summer Program is organized by the Tourist Organization of Belgrade, Belgradization of Belgrade, Old Town municipality and City Markets, and supported by the City of Belgrade.