The Rose Church (Crkva Ružica)
An old church of the same name stood here during the time of Despot Stefan Lazarević, but was demolished by the Turks during the capture of Belgrade. It is in a building which originally served as a gunpowder store. When the fortress passed into Serbian hands in 1867, it was converted into a church. The iconostasis is the work of the monk and painter Rafailo Momčilović. The works on the walls, which show scenes from the life of the Holy Mother of God and portraits of prominent people (Aleksandar Karađorđević, Nikola Pašić and others) are the work of the painter Andrej Bicenko. Bronze figures of a mediaeval Serbian knight and a soldier from the First World War by N.P. Krasnov were placed at the entrance to the church in 1924.