Share this page

Manjez Park
Manjez Park
Description

The Manjez Park, named after a riding school, is located in the city centre.

It was the place where the barracks of the Regimental Guard Cavalry were located until 1931. The park was built between 1931 and 1933, based on the designs from the General Plan from 1923. The park planner, engineer Aleksandar Krstić, is a pioneer of modern horticulture in the region. The park is one of the few green environments in the heart of the city, built between the two world wars and shaped according to the principles of the classicist style.

Info
Location
Info

Manjez Park

Similar
Friendship Park
Friendship Park

A unique park started to grow and flourish on New Belgrade, where a new city was being born after World War II – Friendship Park, also known as Peace Park. It is located in the spot where a branch of the Danube meets the Sava. This part of New Belgrade is one of the most representative areas of the city. The park was created in 1961 at the initiative of the Youth Nature Conservation Movement (“Pokret mladih gorana”) of Belgrade, marking the First Conference of the Heads of States and Governments of the Non-aligned Countries. The central motif of the park is the Alley of...

Karadjordje’s Park
Karadjordje’s Park

Karadjordje’s Park is located on the slopes of western Vračar, in the exact spot where the camp of the main insurgent army of Karadjordje stood in 1806. During the charge against the Belgrade Fortress and its capture, approximately fifty insurgents were killed. They were carried to the camp and buried there on orders by Karadjordje. The graves of those killed were marked by their families with stone markers, some of them surviving to this day. The graveyard of the time was located next to the road to Kragujevac. It was fenced off and planted with black locust trees, thus it may be...

Tasmajdan Park
Tasmajdan Park

The word tašmajdan means rock quarry or rocky field in Turkish, therefore the entire neighbourhood, with the quarry itself, was named Tašmajdan. A graveyard was formed in the area during the eighteen-twenties, remaining there until 1886.  Tašmajdan was designed as a city park by the general urbanist plan from 1950, with a sports and recreation centre at its lower end. The initial plans for part of the park were drawn by the architect Aleksandar Đorđević, while the horticultural plans were drawn by the engineer Vladeta Đorđević. The construction of the water...