The building housing the Jewish History Museum was erected in 1928 for the needs of the Jewish Sephardic Municipality in Belgrade.
The German Kulturbund was located in the building during World War II. The museum is currently located on the first floor.
Through items, documents and photographs, this museum preserves the history of the 2,000 years of Jewish presence on the territory of the former Yugoslavia. It contains depictions of synagogues, graveyards, customs, the history of Jewish municipalities, Jewish societies and schools, notable persons and the holocaust.