Share this page

Museum of Aviation
Museum of Aviation
Description

The Museum of Aviation was founded in 1957 with the intent of preserving material evidence of importance for the birth and development of aeronautics in this region.
The attractive museum building is located on the plateau of the “Nikola Tesla” Airport and contains over 200 aircraft, 130 aircraft engines, several radars and rockets, aeronautical equipment, 20,000 books and over 200,000 photographs in its collections and funds.

Info
Address
Aerodrom ’’Nikola Tesla’’, Surcin
Contact
+381 11 26 70 992
Location
Opening Hours

Monday - Sunday 09:00-16:00h

Similar
Museum of Natural History
Museum of Natural History

The Museum of Natural History was founded in 1895 under the name “Jestastvenički muzej“, as the first specialized institution dealing with the natural heritage of the nation. The first exhibit was opened in 1904. A temporary location houses the natural and cultural heritage in 117 naturalist collections, with approximately 1,500,000 various items from Serbia, the Balkan Peninsula, and the world. The mineralogical, petrological, fossil and recent mollusc, insect, bird and mammal collections stand out regarding the number of items, along with the General Herbarium of the Balkan...

Archive of Serbia and Montenegro
Archive of Serbia and Montenegro

The archive of Serbia and Montenegro is located in the building of the Foundation of King Alexander I Karageorgevich, erected as the King Alexander Home for Secondary School Youth. The building was erected in 1933, designed by the architect Vojin Petrović. The Archive of Serbia and Montenegro has operated under this name since 2003, following the creation of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro, as the institution that continued performing the work of the Archive of Yugoslavia. The archive preserves materials from the period of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, the period of the Socialist...

Military Museum
Military Museum

The Military Museum in Belgrade is located within the Belgrade Fortress complex. Founded in 1878, it was first open to the public in 1904. It consists of a diverse collection of weapons and military equipment from various historical epochs, prehistory to modern times, with uniforms, national banners, flags and medals, as well as artistic paintings from the 17th to the 20th century. Among the more interesting items are Turkish lances and the armour of a Turkish vizier from the battle of Kosovo, a collection of old weapons, war banners and uniforms (including the uniform of King...