Share this page

Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum of Contemporary Art
Description

The museum was founded in 1958 and is located in a building in New Belgrade, at the very confluence of the Sava and the Danube. The original architectural design of the building is reminiscent of a crystal. The permanent exhibit shows a rich selection of Yugoslav painting, sculpture and engravings from the 20thcentury.

Info
Address
Usce 10, Novi Beograd
Contact
+381 11 31 15 713
Location
Opening Hours

The museum is closed for reconstruction

Similar
PTT Museum
PTT Museum

Postal-telegraphic-telephonic museum functions as a museum within the Public Enterprise of PTT communications "Srbija". Museum deals with the collection, study, protection and exhibition of objects and documents related to the operation and development of PTT communications. PTT museum was created in order to preserve and protect items and information relating to the history of Serbian Post. The beginnings of collecting exhibits for the museum can be traced back to end of the 19th century, more precisely to 1887, when the provision was adopted according to which the Head of Postal and...

Museum of the National Theater
Museum of the National Theater

The Museum of the National Theatre was established in 2010 in the reconstructed space, in the basement of the building, following the design of architect Milan Pališaški. The permanent exhibition comprises a historical  overview of the development of all segments of the theater art of the National Theater along with a thematic exhibition entitled Contemporary Costumography and Scenography on the Stage of the National Theater and The Greats of the National Theater on Postage Stamps. As part of the Open Door Drive every month visits to the Museum and the National Theater are...

Archive of Serbia and Montenegro
Archive of Serbia and Montenegro

The archive of Serbia and Montenegro is located in the building of the Foundation of King Alexander I Karageorgevich, erected as the King Alexander Home for Secondary School Youth. The building was erected in 1933, designed by the architect Vojin Petrović. The Archive of Serbia and Montenegro has operated under this name since 2003, following the creation of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro, as the institution that continued performing the work of the Archive of Yugoslavia. The archive preserves materials from the period of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, the period of the Socialist...