Share this page

Museum of Nikola Tesla
Museum of Nikola Tesla
Description

The museum preserving the complete heritage of the greatest Serbian scientist and inventor Nikola Tesla is located in the heart of Belgrade, in a beautiful residential villa built in 1929, designed by the notable Serbian architect Dragiša Brašovan.

In accordance with Tesla’s last will and testament, his heritage was moved to Belgrade in 1951. The permanent exhibit consists of the original documents, books, magazines, plans and drawings of the greatest Serbian inventor. This is an extremely valuable collection containing over 160,000 original documents, 2,000 books and magazines, 1,200 historical and technical items, 1,500 photographs and glass photoplates, original technical items, instruments and devices, 1,000 plans and drawings.

 

 

Info
Address
Krunska 51
Contact
+381 11 24 33 886
Location
Opening Hours

Open: Tuesdays- Sundays 10-18 h, closed on Mondays

Similar
PTT Museum
PTT Museum

Postal-telegraphic-telephonic museum functions as a museum within the Public Enterprise of PTT communications "Srbija". Museum deals with the collection, study, protection and exhibition of objects and documents related to the operation and development of PTT communications. PTT museum was created in order to preserve and protect items and information relating to the history of Serbian Post. The beginnings of collecting exhibits for the museum can be traced back to end of the 19th century, more precisely to 1887, when the provision was adopted according to which the Head of Postal and...

Museum of Toma Rosandic
Museum of Toma Rosandic

The museum is located in the house built in 1929 by the famous sculptor and pedagogue, the academic Toma Rosandić, who spent his life there. The artist left his atelier with a number of works to Belgrade and the Museum of the City of Belgrade. The museum houses sculptures by Toma Rosandić, sculpting tools, applied arts items and pieces of furniture (original works bearing the personal mark of the author), letters and personal documents....

Gallery of the Museum of Natural History
Gallery of the Museum of Natural History

The building housing the Gallery of the Museum of Natural History is one of the oldest buildings, erected between 1825 and 1835 within the complex of the Belgrade Fortress. It was built to be used by the sentries guarding the main approach to the Stambol Gate.  The remains of animals from the Ice Age (spiral twisted tusks of a woolly mammoth, the skull of a woolly rhinoceros, vertebra of a cave bear, horn of a giant deer) and fossil remains indicating that the area of Belgrade was the location of a warm Pannonian Sea fifteen million years ago (shells, corals, “beogradica”...