Share this page

Museum of Pedagogy
Museum of Pedagogy
Description

The Museum of Pedagogy was founded in 1896 by the Teachers’ Association of Serbia with the mission to collect and preserve teaching aids and all other assets of pedagogical and historical significance for primary schools and teachers.
The museum was, unfortunately, completely destroyed in both world wars.

The museum was rebuilt and modernised after 1945, and has been working since 1969 with the permanent exhibit “Ten Centuries of Serbian School in the Building of the Belgrade Lyceum (Realka)”. The visitors are introduced to the history of schools in Serbia from the 9th to the early 20th century in a clear and accessible way, through original items, documents, photographs and books.

 

Info
Address
Uzun Mirkova 14
Contact
+381 11 26 25 621
Location
Opening Hours

Open: Tuesdays-Saturdays 11-17h, Sundays 11-15h, closed on Mondays

Info

Accessible to persons with disabilities

Similar
Manak’s House
Manak’s House

Manak’s House is an integral part of the Ethnographic Museum, an example of old Balkan urban architecture, housing a particularly significant and valuable ethnographic memorial collection by Hristifor Crnilović. The collection contains approximately 2,600 items, mostly costumes and jewellery of immense cultural value. The costumes hail from the regions of South Serbia, Kosovo, Metohija and Macedonia. The collection is completed by examples of embroidery, textiles, towels, bags, carpets from Pirot and household items. The jewellery is particularly valuable, especially the jewellery worn...

Historical Archive of Belgrade
Historical Archive of Belgrade

The Historical Archives of Belgrade was founded by Decree of Executive Committee of National Board of the City of Belgrade issued on Session of Belgrade Assembly on September 26, 1945. The Archives keeps over 2.700 fonds and collections, precisely over 13 kilometers of records which includes period from XVI century and provides precious information on history of Belgrade and Serbia. The oldest fond is Semlin Magistracy (1749–1934) which records includes information on administrative organization from foundation in 1749 when Schönborn family bought the City of Semlin and...

Residence of Prince Milos
Residence of Prince Milos

Having built a residence for his wife and children in the city of Belgrade, Prince Miloš Obrenović erected a residence for himself in Topčider during the period between 1831 and 1834. The rich interior decoration on the ceilings, walls and niches is partially preserved to this day. During his first reign Prince Miloš only resided there occasionally, while he spent the last two years of his second reign at the Residence, dying there in 1860.   One of the oldest and most beautiful sycamore trees in Europe grows in front of this building, over 160 years old and preserved...