Share this page

Museum of Science and Technology
Museum of Science and Technology
Description

The museum was founded in 1989 at the initiative of the academic Aleksandar Despić, the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts and the support of twelve economic organizations.

The museum became an institution of the Republic in 2003, while in late 2005 it was awarded the building of the first public thermoelectric plant in Dorćol. The project for the reconstruction and expansion of the Museum of Science and Technology, by the author Boris Podreka, is being undertaken as part of the National Investment Plan of the Republic of Serbia.

Despite the ongoing reconstruction, over 2,500 m² of exhibition space is open to the public, with twenty-five museum collections presenting over 700 items, documents and photographs, audio and video materials.

 

 

Info
Address
Skenderbegova 51
Contact
+381 11 30 37 850, 30 37 950
Location
Opening Hours

Open: Tuesdays – Sundays 10-21 h

Similar
Museum of Yugoslav History
Museum of Yugoslav History

The Museum of Yugoslav History (MYH), preserves, researches and interprets the cultural heritage of the former country of Yugoslavia. It was founded in 1996, as a result of a merger between the Memorial Centre Josip Broz Tito and the Museum of the Revolution of Yugoslav Nations and Ethnic Minorities. In 2013, it was declared an institution of national  significance. The Museum of Yugoslav History complex consists of three venues that used to be part of the Memorial Centre Josip Broz Tito: the Museum “May 25th” (venue hosting theme-oriented exhibitions), the House of Flowers...

National Museum
National Museum

The oldest of museum institutions in Belgrade was founded in 1844 at the initiative of the Serb writer Jovan Sterija Popović. The founding of the National Museum coincides with the rise of the civic culture and the establishment of the state institutions of the Principality of Serbia. The National Museum in Belgrade, a complex type museum, is the most significant, oldest and central museum of Serbia containing 34 archaeological, numismatic and historical collections at this moment, after 160 years of growth and development. The museum collections contain over 400,000 archaeological and...

Museum of Automobiles
Museum of Automobiles

The building housing the museum was built in 1929 as the first public garage in the city centre, designed by the Russian architect Valeri Stashevski. It was named “Modern Garage” and declared a cultural heritage item. It housed the automobiles used in the First International Automobile Race held in 1939 in Belgrade.  The collection contains a unique display of 50 old and rare automobiles – the oldest of them being a Marot Gardon from 1897, as well as the license plates, drivers’ licenses, the first traffic regulations and photographic recordings of the birth of...