Share this page

Museum of the Camp at Banjica
Museum of the Camp at Banjica
Description

The Museum of the Camp at Banjica is dedicated to the memory of the prisoners and victims of the Nazi concentration camp from World War II.

It is located at the authentic locations of the former camp (rooms 3, 25 and 26).

 

Info
Address
Pavla Jurisica Sturma 33
Contact
+381 11 36 74 877
Location
Opening Hours

Open: visits by appointment

Similar
Ethnographic Museum
Ethnographic Museum

The Ethnographic Museum houses a large number of ethnographic items, divided into separate exhibits (household items, jewellery, customs, national costumes, national architecture, economy, stock farming, transportation, cultural artefacts), along with one of the best equipped professional libraries in the Balkans. The permanent exhibit takes up three levels of the building. The first floor represents the popular assembly, the second is related to textile production and the third is about the culture of living. The symbol of the museum is the Dečanska Fountain, located at its centre....

Museum of the Yugoslav Film Archive
Museum of the Yugoslav Film Archive

The Museum of the Yugoslav Film Archive in Belgrade, founded in 1952, is a specialized film theatre showing classic works of local and international cinema.  The film collection of the Yugoslav Film Archive represents one of the most significant and plentiful film collections in Europe. It houses more than 85,000 copies of films, both silent and sound, black and white and colour. These are the most important archive materials and documentary footage related to the territory of the former Yugoslavia, starting with the oldest preserved local film “Crowning of King Petar I”...

Museum of Vuk and Dositej
Museum of Vuk and Dositej

Founded in 1949, it is located in the building of the former Grand School, opened in 1808 as a lyceum by the great Serb luminary and first Serbian Minister of Education Dositej Obradović. The museum contains a professional library, with a small reading room and consists of two parts – the ground floor contains an exhibit dedicated to Dositej Obradović, while the first floor is dedicated to Vuk Stefanović Karadžić....