Share this page

Museum of the City of Belgrade
Museum of the City of Belgrade
Description

A total fund of over 130,000 cultural-historical items is sorted into 14 sections, with exhibits from prehistory, a significant collection of antique culture, as well as a collection of engravings and maps of Belgrade from the 16th through 19th century.

This treasure is waiting to be adequately presented to the public as evidence of the long and rich history of Belgrade.

The Museum of the City of Belgrade also contains exhibits of cultural-historical (Residence of Princess Ljubica, Sekulić Icon Collection), ethnographic (Memorial Museum of Zemun and the Museum of Mladenovac) and memorial type (Museum of Toma Rosandić, Museum of Јovan Cviјić, Museum of Paјa Јovanović, Memorial Museum of Ivo Аndrić, Museum of the Camp at Banjica), as well as the Vinča archaeological locale.

 

Info
Address
Zmaj Jovina 1
Contact
+381 11 26 30 825
Opening Hours

Open: weekdays 9-17h

Similar
Museum of Jovan Cvijic
Museum of Jovan Cvijic

The museum is located in the house built in 1905 by the renowned scientist-geographer Jovan Cvijić.The museological exhibit presents a representative part of the legacy of Jovan Cvijić, encompassing manuscripts, letters, photographs, books, applied art objects, artistic paintings, personal effects, documents and furniture.  ...

Museum of Pedagogy
Museum of Pedagogy

The Museum of Pedagogy was founded in 1896 by the Teachers’ Association of Serbia with the mission to collect and preserve teaching aids and all other assets of pedagogical and historical significance for primary schools and teachers.The museum was, unfortunately, completely destroyed in both world wars. The museum was rebuilt and modernised after 1945, and has been working since 1969 with the permanent exhibit “Ten Centuries of Serbian School in the Building of the Belgrade Lyceum (Realka)”. The visitors are introduced to the history of schools in Serbia from the...

Museum of Vuk and Dositej
Museum of Vuk and Dositej

Founded in 1949, it is located in the building of the former Grand School, opened in 1808 as a lyceum by the great Serb luminary and first Serbian Minister of Education Dositej Obradović. The museum contains a professional library, with a small reading room and consists of two parts – the ground floor contains an exhibit dedicated to Dositej Obradović, while the first floor is dedicated to Vuk Stefanović Karadžić....