Share this page

Museum of Vuk and Dositej
Museum of Vuk and Dositej
Description

Founded in 1949, it is located in the building of the former Grand School, opened in 1808 as a lyceum by the great Serb luminary and first Serbian Minister of Education Dositej Obradović.

The museum contains a professional library, with a small reading room and consists of two parts – the ground floor contains an exhibit dedicated to Dositej Obradović, while the first floor is dedicated to Vuk Stefanović Karadžić.

Info
Address
Gospodar Jevremova 21
Contact
+381 11 26 25 161
Location
Opening Hours

Open: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10-17h, Thursdays and Saturdays 12-20h, Sundays 10-14h, closed on Mondays

Similar
Historical Archive of Belgrade
Historical Archive of Belgrade

The Historical Archives of Belgrade was founded by Decree of Executive Committee of National Board of the City of Belgrade issued on Session of Belgrade Assembly on September 26, 1945. The Archives keeps over 2.700 fonds and collections, precisely over 13 kilometers of records which includes period from XVI century and provides precious information on history of Belgrade and Serbia. The oldest fond is Semlin Magistracy (1749–1934) which records includes information on administrative organization from foundation in 1749 when Schönborn family bought the City of Semlin and...

Museum of Theatre Arts
Museum of Theatre Arts

Various materials important for the national theatre can be found in the adapted house of merchant Miloje Božić, built in 1863. The museum exhibit contains archive materials and documents, letters, manuscripts, posters and programs, photographs, set and costume sketches, a library and a hermotheque (newspaper clippings).  ...

Museum of Pedagogy
Museum of Pedagogy

The Museum of Pedagogy was founded in 1896 by the Teachers’ Association of Serbia with the mission to collect and preserve teaching aids and all other assets of pedagogical and historical significance for primary schools and teachers.The museum was, unfortunately, completely destroyed in both world wars. The museum was rebuilt and modernised after 1945, and has been working since 1969 with the permanent exhibit “Ten Centuries of Serbian School in the Building of the Belgrade Lyceum (Realka)”. The visitors are introduced to the history of schools in Serbia from the...