Share this page

Nebojsa Tower
Nebojsa Tower
Description

In the annex of the Nebojša Tower the history of the Tower as a military facility that has been, ever since its construction around 1460, a part of the defensive system of the city.

The exhibition on the ground floor is devoted to the history of Nebojša Tower as a prison, while the one on the first floor is dedicated to personality of Rigas Feraios, a great Greek poet and a revolutionary who died in the prison of the Tower. The topic of the exhibition on the second level is the First Serb Upraising and the creation of the modern Serbian state at the beginning of the 19th century. On the topmost level of Nebojša Tower the history of Belgrade in the first decades of the 19th century is presented, as well as the process of transformation of the Oriental town into a modern European city.

 

Info
Address
Bulevar Vojvode Bojovica
Location
Opening Hours

Opening hours: from 10:00 to 20:00 (June – September), from 10:00 – 18:00 (October – May), closed on Mondays 

 

Similar
Roma Museum
Roma Museum

The Roma Museum in Belgrade was opened in 2009 at the initiative of the Roma Community Centre, with the financial support of the Belgrade City Assembly. The museum was thus far host to the exhibits: Alav e Romengo – written culture of the Roma, The Holocaust that Cannot Be Forgotten, An bibijako sastipe – To Bibija’s Health, Our Fellow Citizens, The Roma and the Roma St. George’s Day Meetings, containing the permanent exhibit – Roma Material Culture.  ...

Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum of Contemporary Art

Since its foundation in 1965, the Museum of Contemporary Art has based its display policy on the representation of the most relevant artists, periods, movements and tendencies in Yugoslav, Serbian and international art of the 20th century. The Museum collection began to form around the time of the establishment of the Modern Gallery and at the opening of the Museum, the collection counted 3.500 works of art. Today the fund consists of 8.000 works and represents the most relevant collection of art from the Yugoslav art space, which existed from 1900 to 1991. The Building of the Museum of...

Museum of Vuk and Dositej
Museum of Vuk and Dositej

Founded in 1949, it is located in the building of the former Grand School, opened in 1808 as a lyceum by the great Serb luminary and first Serbian Minister of Education Dositej Obradović. The museum contains a professional library, with a small reading room and consists of two parts – the ground floor contains an exhibit dedicated to Dositej Obradović, while the first floor is dedicated to Vuk Stefanović Karadžić....