Share this page

PTT Museum
PTT Museum
Description

Postal-telegraphic-telephonic museum functions as a museum within the Public Enterprise of PTT communications "Srbija".

Museum deals with the collection, study, protection and exhibition of objects and documents related to the operation and development of PTT communications.

PTT museum was created in order to preserve and protect items and information relating to the history of Serbian Post.

The beginnings of collecting exhibits for the museum can be traced back to end of the 19th century, more precisely to 1887, when the provision was adopted according to which the Head of Postal and telegraph department handles library and "foreign stamp album".

Later, in 1888, in Regulations on jobs division within Postal and telegraph department, provision on postal museums was expended to: "collection of old and new collections of postal and telegraphic items and handling of the collection".

Postal-telegraphic-telephonic museum was opened on July 31st, 1923, at the same time when the first Rules of Operation of the PTT museum were adopted.

Museum was established as a section of Ministry of post and telegraphs, and Statistics Department of General section of the Ministry was in charged of it. Museum was located in the building of the Ministry, in Deligradska street.

In 1930 PTT museum was moved to the ground floor of the building designed by the architect Momir Korunović, in the Majke Jevrosime street number 13.

During 2011, exhibition space, library and museum depots were reconstructed. The reconstruction was carried out in accordance with the latest museological standards.

PTT museum is open for visitors every work day from 10 to 15 hours.

 

Info
Address
Majke Jevrosime 13
Contact
+381 11 30 64 171
Location
Similar
Museum of Pedagogy
Museum of Pedagogy

The Museum of Pedagogy was founded in 1896 by the Teachers’ Association of Serbia with the mission to collect and preserve teaching aids and all other assets of pedagogical and historical significance for primary schools and teachers.The museum was, unfortunately, completely destroyed in both world wars. The museum was rebuilt and modernised after 1945, and has been working since 1969 with the permanent exhibit “Ten Centuries of Serbian School in the Building of the Belgrade Lyceum (Realka)”. The visitors are introduced to the history of schools in Serbia from the...

Archive of Serbia and Montenegro
Archive of Serbia and Montenegro

The archive of Serbia and Montenegro is located in the building of the Foundation of King Alexander I Karageorgevich, erected as the King Alexander Home for Secondary School Youth. The building was erected in 1933, designed by the architect Vojin Petrović. The Archive of Serbia and Montenegro has operated under this name since 2003, following the creation of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro, as the institution that continued performing the work of the Archive of Yugoslavia. The archive preserves materials from the period of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, the period of the Socialist...

Residence of Princess Ljubica
Residence of Princess Ljubica

Located in the very heart of Belgrade, on Kosančićev Venac. The Residence of Princess Ljubica was erected on orders by Prince Miloš Obrenović in 1831, as the private residence of his wife, the Princess Ljubica. The architecture and placement of rooms represent an example of the Balkans style, with a number of western baroque elements. The Residence houses the permanent exhibit “Interiors of Belgrade City Houses of the 19th Century” starting with the Oriental (Turkish), through the influence of Central (Biedermeier) and Western European (Neo-baroque, Neo-rococo,...