Share this page

Residence of Prince Milos
Residence of Prince Milos
Description

Having built a residence for his wife and children in the city of Belgrade, Prince Miloš Obrenović erected a residence for himself in Topčider during the period between 1831 and 1834.

The rich interior decoration on the ceilings, walls and niches is partially preserved to this day. During his first reign Prince Miloš only resided there occasionally, while he spent the last two years of his second reign at the Residence, dying there in 1860.

 

One of the oldest and most beautiful sycamore trees in Europe grows in front of this building, over 160 years old and preserved as a natural rarity.

 

Address: Rakovički put 2

Open: 10-17h (April-October), 11-16h (October-April), closed on Mondays

Telephone: +381 11 26 60 422

www.imus.org.rs

Info
Address
Rakovacki put 2
Contact
+381 11 26 60 422
Similar
Museum of Pedagogy
Museum of Pedagogy

The Museum of Pedagogy was founded in 1896 by the Teachers’ Association of Serbia with the mission to collect and preserve teaching aids and all other assets of pedagogical and historical significance for primary schools and teachers.The museum was, unfortunately, completely destroyed in both world wars. The museum was rebuilt and modernised after 1945, and has been working since 1969 with the permanent exhibit “Ten Centuries of Serbian School in the Building of the Belgrade Lyceum (Realka)”. The visitors are introduced to the history of schools in Serbia from the...

Zepter Museum
Zepter Museum

The Zepter Museum was opened in 2010 in the representative building of the former First Croatian Savings Bank, in Knez Mihailova Street in the center of Belgrade. It is the first private museum institution in Serbia, with a collection of 350 artworks by 132 artists, which represents a complete view of Serbian art (painting, drawing, pastel, sculpture, installation) in the second half of the 20th century.    ...

Gallery of the Museum of Natural History
Gallery of the Museum of Natural History

The building housing the Gallery of the Museum of Natural History is one of the oldest buildings, erected between 1825 and 1835 within the complex of the Belgrade Fortress. It was built to be used by the sentries guarding the main approach to the Stambol Gate.  The remains of animals from the Ice Age (spiral twisted tusks of a woolly mammoth, the skull of a woolly rhinoceros, vertebra of a cave bear, horn of a giant deer) and fossil remains indicating that the area of Belgrade was the location of a warm Pannonian Sea fifteen million years ago (shells, corals, “beogradica”...