Located in the very heart of Belgrade, on Kosančićev Venac.
The Residence of Princess Ljubica was erected on orders by Prince Miloš Obrenović in 1831, as the private residence of his wife, the Princess Ljubica. The architecture and placement of rooms represent an example of the Balkans style, with a number of western baroque elements.
The Residence houses the permanent exhibit “Interiors of Belgrade City Houses of the 19th Century” starting with the Oriental (Turkish), through the influence of Central (Biedermeier) and Western European (Neo-baroque, Neo-rococo, Napoleon III, Altdeutch) styles. The arched hall in the Residence basement is an exquisite ambiental locale where the Museum of the City of Belgrade organizes exhibits, lectures, music performances and promotions.