The Sopot municipality is situated in the southern part of Belgrade, at the edge of the Šumadija region.
Only 45 km away from the center of Belgrade, together with all of its settlements and the Kosmaj Mt (626m), it represents a preserved part of nature mostly due to its pleasant climate, geographical position and natural beauty.
Also, it is one of the popular places for leisure due to the tourist sites, such as Trešnja, Guberevac forest, weekend resort Babe and the Tresije Monastery.
The fastest connection from:
- Belgrade is the Belgrade-Mali Pozarevac-Sopot Freeway;
- Kragujevac via Avala;
- Barajevo via Guberevac and Baba;
- Lazarevac via Vreoci-Mirosaljci-Sibnica;
- Aranđelovac via Venčani-Sibnica-Ranilovići-Rogača;
- Mladenovac via Kosmaj;
- Kosmaj via Kragujevac via Djurinci or Nemenikuće.
Each year, during the first half of July, SOFEST, one of the oldest film festivals in Serbia takes place in Sopot. SOFEST has a 48 year long tradition. Since 2007, it has been included in the manifestation of cultural importance for the city of Belgrade.
Buses: 450, 464, 465 and 491